The advanced GE digital technology for performing mammograms is available at The Medical Center of Plano. Bone density screenings, ultrasound, and breast biopsies can be performed at Women'sLink Diagnostics. Please call 972.612.6500 to schedule your test and experience the softer and more comfortable mammogram with the MammoPad.
Digital mammography has numerous advantages:
- It enables faster examinations.
- There is no film processing involved which can take several minutes to complete and to produce a film-based mammogram.
- Digital images are processed electronically in real-time so they can be displayed in a matter of seconds.
- When compared to film-screen imaging, digital mammography has 20% lower recall rates.
- The benefit of having significantly fewer false positive recalls includes less unnecessary work-ups, lower costs, less pain and anxiety and better overall patient care.
- The Radiologist can manipulate the adjustment of image brightness and contrast and enhance the sharpness of an image on the high resolution monitors.
- Images in questionable area can be checked in detail.
- There is more accuracy for women below the age of 50 and for dense and pre menopause breasts diagnosis with digital mammography.
- Lower radiation dose compare to screen-film method.
Our educated staff is ready to guide you and answer any concern or question regarding your health.
Mammography can save your life.
Breast cancer, when detected early, can be cured.
Your risk of getting breast cancer may be greater than you think. Please encourage a friend or two or family member to protect themselves from the devastating effects of late-stage breast cancer along with yourself. Call for an appointment today.
Click here for our online mammogram Pre-Registration.
You may also print the following forms to decrease wait time on the day of your appointment:
If you are a physician, please fill out the Women'sLink Diagnostic Orders.